Hello, my sweet friends! I am so excited for today’s blog post, I’m going to be sharing my all time favorite holiday dessert: Arroz con Leche.
Growing up Arroz con leche was the thing I looked forward to the most during the holidays. It’s a delicious rice pudding that can be eaten warm or cold, my mom used to freeze the left overs into Arroz con leche paletas (ice pops). Which were AMAZING!
I called my mom one evening and asked if she could share her recipe with me. In typical Latina fashion, there was none. Hahahaha, we always joke that we cook from the heart and measure with love, not measuring spoons.
However, after some experimenting in the kitchen I was able to put together a recipe to share with you all, I think you’re going to love it!
What you’ll need:
1. 1 Cup of rice (I just use whatever white rice we have on hand)
2. 2.5 cups of water
3. 3-4 cinnamon sticks (you can use less if you’re not a fan of cinnamon)
4. 1 14oz can of Sweetened condensed milk
5. 1 12oz can of Evaporated milk
6. 1 cup of milk of your choice (I prefer cows milk for this recipe)
7. Powdered cinnamon
8. A splash of vanilla
• Add rice, water, and cinnamon sticks to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once it’s come to a rolling boil, bring down to a simmer and allow the rice to get just about almost fully cooked. (About 15-18 minutes, Stir consistently)
• Once rice is just about fully cooked carefully remove the cinnamon sticks and add all three of your milks. Slowly pouring one at a time while continuously stirring.
• Once milks and rice have been incorporated well, add a splash of vanilla. (Remember, keep stirring)
• Bring your pot back to a boil for just a few minutes and then reduce back to a low heat.
• Cook for about 25 minutes, don’t forget to keep stirring. The milks can burn easily.
• And that’s it! Pour into a bowl or a cup and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make it, make sure to share and tag me on instagram. I’d love to see what you all come up with and how you all love it. Enjoy!
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring Christmas desserts! Tis the season for all the donuts, cake, cookies and more! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing.